Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My use of cannabis for epilepsy- some successes.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My use of cannabis for epilepsy- some successes.

Hello out there,

I have had epilepsy for over 40 years. These started when I was nine years old. During this time I have experienced my share of the many types of seizures that exist. For me, like many, it was discovered when I had my first tonic clonic (grand mal) seizure. It is suspected that as a child I had experienced absence seizures as well. Later, as a teen, I started having infrequent atonic seizures, or "drop attacks";Much more often Myoclonic seizures, how I hated those! They are pretty rare for me now. Cannabis has almost totally eliminated them! I had, and still have simple partial & secondarily generalized seizures.

My tonic clonic seizures are always preceded by a simple partial (focal) seizure (aura) that spreads to involve both hemispheres of the brain (generalizes) to become tonic clonic seizure (grand mal).

In the past several years I have improved my success in controlling my seizures immensely though understanding epilepsy and experimenting with CBD/THCa/THC dosing.
    I am now enjoying a seizure frequency that is more than half of what it used to be. Long term side effects from some of the pharmaceutical drugs like Depakote, Dilantin, and Tegretol have been lightened. Some of them not.

For those of you that know or understand what I'm talking about, this is for you.

Any input out there?

More to follow on this subject.

Firehorse
    Last edited by Firehorse; 12-07-2017, 04:27 PM.
    Firehorse
    Director/Founder
    CannaTalks

"It's all in your head, 'cause that's where your brain is silly!"

Very much looking for people do discuss their treatment strategies with CBD, THC, THCa, and other cannabinoids, Terpenes, and whatnot, I'd also like to hear details on types of seizures they are treating.
    Firehorse
    Director/Founder
    CannaTalks

Comment

Hi Firehorse,

I'm glad to hear that the cbd is working for you. After 44 yrs. of seizures and surgery to reduce my seizures. I have found that CBD has reduced my seizures and it also
      helps my back pain and headaches. I really enjoy this forum I will have to let others now about it. I wish you only the best and May God Bless You!

Sue

Comment

I've been having some increase in my seizure frequency as of late. I have no clue as to the cause. There's no way to even make any kind of educated guess on this. Hopefully things will return to what I have come to know as the norm.
        Firehorse
        Director/Founder
        CannaTalks

Comment

• Firehorse
          Firehorse commented
          Editing a comment
          Physical cuts, scrapes and bruises are pretty much healed now, only a few added scars...

By the looks things it may have just been some built up stress that just set me off. With epilepsy stress can do just that. Using cannabis with some meditation techniques learned over the years I have found find it can be a great way to fight that stress, and at times arrest focal seizures before they generalize into tonic clonic seizures.

More on this later ....

Firehorse
      Working...
      X